Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pushing with a rat terrier - a visual

Introducing Storm and Pushing

This is during week 3 of pushing with Storm. He loves it. This is my first attempt to do pushing as well "flipping" at the same time, just so you can get a visual of what pushing looks like with a little dog. I kinda don't like to have you see me in my doggie clothes, but frankly, I rarely look like those sexy women from Westside German Shepherd rescue :)

Why pushing? From the naturaldogblog.com:"...goal with our dogs is to tap into their prey instinct, so that in times of stress our dogs will turn to us, automatically, as a way of resolving the stress. Pushing is a fundamental dog training technique that will shift your relationship with your dog, increasing their level of attraction to you during high energy moments, and also helping your dog learn to be relaxed during those times".

You can actually see it that 1 time in the video ...Storm is on a hunt - and he can't wait to get to me. Sets up a pattern that might come in handy ....

No comments:

Post a Comment